Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Millions of Americans Can't Afford Coverage

Rocky Rush, a 37-year-old single father from Nebraska, has gone without health insurance for years due to the cost, and the Affordable Care Act hasn't changed that.

"I can go without medical coverage, but my children need it," Rush says.

Affordable health insurance for all Americans was one of the cornerstones and selling points of the ACA. And while the law has helped reduce the proportion of uninsured Americans from 20 to 15 percent, according to The Commonwealth Fund, it has left millions without coverage.

These uninsured Americans, falling into a gap created by the ACA, are too poor to receive assistance on their health insurance premiums, but make too much to qualify for Medicaid, putting them in a difficult predicament when costly medical bills come due.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I can't wait for is next year when the fine for not purchasing health care is deducted from the obamanistas' tax refund. If you hear one word of complaint out of any obamanistas tell them to shut the hell up. Anyone who voted for him is one stupid SOB and when you are that damn ignorant experience is the best teacher.
Some democrats are now saying this fine is only going to hurt the poor and minorities. Too damn bad! The poor and minorities who voted overwhelmingly for Obama need a dose of reality rammed down their throats. Their stupidity is one of the major reasons why they are poor.

Anonymous said...

But I bet Mr Rush has a real nice truck .

Anonymous said...

I can't afford it but I still have it! I could buy a new truck every 2 years for what I pay but knowing I am insured is better!if you don't have insurance most of you expect the government to pay for it anyway

Anonymous said...

I can well afford health insurance this even after mind went up 4 times from what it was. I have more money than I will ever be able to spend in my lifetime and no heirs except for Dog. Who I feel sorry for are those who can't and didn't vote for Obama and the rest of the lying democrats. The democrats and the Obama voters are the ones who deserve and need to suffer for being such stupid SOB's.
When you are that stupid experience is the best teacher.