Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 03, 2012

Very Interesting

I want to share this with you.  It was written by an Arab lady who is a believer.   What an outlook SHE has having grown up being victimized for her beliefs.   This is her take on the post- election blues many have experienced.   Focus on the paragraph where she says she's 'not afraid….'   What she IS afraid of is more important!

 
FTR – I did not grow up in a nation that called itself Christian. Nor a home with a leader that called himself Christian.
 
I have lived as a believer outnumbered, oppressed, victimized, shushed and shadowed – before.
 
No election dethrones a mighty God.  Our nation is not full of like minded believers.  Nor is our world.  To seek power from gathering numbers of us together has a certain sense of an OT census to me.
Scripture tells us we are not of the world.  Why would we expect our votes then to be like theirs?
Scripture tells us we will be outnumbered.  Why would we expect to overpower?
Scripture tells us in the end we will only want to hear what tickles our ears.  Why does the media surprise us?
 
This election, my community and my country only confirm the words God has already spoken.
Which only makes Him bigger and stronger and greater in my eyes.
He knew. 
 
I’m not afraid of living in a non-Christian, pleasure seeking country.
I’m afraid of living in one and having no impact.
 
The smaller we are the more our light must shine,
until He sounds the trumpet anyway…………..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great insight. totally agree. pray.

Anonymous said...

Well said!!