Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 24, 2012

A Letter To The Editor 8-24-12

My name is Michelle Davis I am writing this letter about my experience with my ford focus that is in warranty this vehicle has caused over ten thousand dollars worth of medical bills to date. I have had numerous problems with this vehicle only to be told the problem has to get worse to get better or can't duplicate the cause of the problem at this time.

I took the vehicle to Pittsville ford for a scheduled oil change on a Saturday. The next day I went to go to work I tried to turn the air on it would not turn on as I was traveling down the road I heard a loud sound then something wet and hot flew onto my face. I went to apply the brakes and the car went in reverse. I had to push harder to get the car to brake during this my seat belt broke. I hit the wheel than my head hit the back of the headrest blood was coming from my mouth and teeth came out.

I contacted ford customer service and the dealership it took ford three weeks
to send a ford field rep from Virginia to meet at the dealership who said the heater core was defective they replaced the defective part still not fixed the carpet is ruined in the car from the coolant the wiring is corroding the seats and dash are stained. We have been breathing in toxic fumes the whole time and are under going treatment. I have two and a half years of treatment before my mouth can be somewhat normal again. My mother is still being treated for the damage done to her lungs luckily we were not on the major highway when this happened and someone else could have been hurt.

I want this car bought back from the dealership who picked this car out not me Preston Ford and or Ford motors and I want the medical bills taken care of and the pain& suffering we still have to go through. I along with my mother have a long rode ahead here is a list of problems with the car Coolant leek,car going in reverse when in drive, acceleration when braking, rpm cage revs when in park metal grinding noise when in park, car is vibrating,smells of gas coolant and burning smell inside the car fogging up/icing on the exterior of windows 18 miles highway gas mileage trunk keeps popping open these are the problems with the car who in their right mind wants a car with these many problems and the damages that have been done.

I believe the car can be bought back under the magnuson moss warranty as well as lemon law and goodwill buy back. thank you for your time in allowing a spot on your web page.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

why on earth would you still drive this dangerous vehicle?

You are not only putting yourself in danger but others on the streets and highways with you.

You know it is dangerous and the dangerous things it will do. If someone were to get hurt, you would be partially responsible.

Park it at dealer. Tell them to fix it or give your money back.

If they won't, contact a lawyer.

You should contact one regardless. Protect your rights.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I wish you Good luck in getting ANYTHING from any car manufacturer or dealer. Even if you take them to court (been there, done that) you will face a battery of 'Philadelphia" lawyers who will use every trick in the book to make it your fault, Just to prevent a "precedent that will invite more lawsuits... They dont give a d- about consumers. Profit is King.

Anonymous said...

Here's the info from the MD Attorney General's Office regarding these types of complaints. See if your vehicle fits the description and if it does file a complaint.

http://www.oag.state.md.us/consumer/lemon.htm

Anonymous said...

Do as 9:17 advised and get a lawyer,but get a "we don't get paid until you get paid" law firm from out of our area.They may advise you to contact the Attorney General's office as well,but an actual law firm would expedite matters.You obviously are not in a position to wait for the AG's response.

Anonymous said...

park car at a spot that everyone can see the signage. on the sign write in BOLD, easy to read, consise words: A TRUE LEMON - PURCHASED AT PITTSVILLE MOTORS / PRESTON FORD. then give your email address so people can contact you and you can then spread this everywhere. put it on facebook and any other social media spot you can find.

looks like you have documentation for everything. you must make them realize this problem isn't going away.

definately contact an attorney who will take your case on contingency. they're out there. call around.

i hope you get this settled to your satisfaction. you have a good case, so go for it...

Anonymous said...

Holy Grammar Batman!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, keyboard complainer. All of this has happened to you and your writing on a blog. Joe's blog gets good results but you have serious medical issues and a car that is too dangerous to drive. Contact an attorney immediatley and stop driving that pos.

Anonymous said...

I had a similar problem with a vehicle and when I axed the sales man about a refund he say no. So I says that I am not making one more car payment and that is that. Well two months went by and then they repoed my car in the middle of the night. I tell you they are mo criminals out here than you can believe. When I call the poelice about them taking my car - they axed me how much it was worth. I told them it wasn't worth a nickle - and so they left. So I got axed all the way around.

Anonymous said...

I am only 58 years old, but I have been driving cars and trucks of all kinds, even been behind the wheel when a heater core blew, but I have NEVER experienced front anr rear impacts, teeth blown out or brakes shifting the vehicle in reverse.
HOW MANY CARS DID YOU HIT IN THAT WRECK?????
Sounds like at least two!
Oh, and you're supposed to stop the car before putting it in Park... It stops that "grinding" noise.
When you go to adjust your seat for the highway, there are other levers down there that are for other things...Does your gas cap door sometimes come open on the highway as well?
I think I know where to find the lemon here, and it is not a car....

Anonymous said...

Anon 7:03pm, you should have parked it on the back screet where the repo man couldn't see it.

Anonymous said...

I know about you Michele Davis. Every car you have ever owned has had the same problems.