Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

USUAL SUSPECTS

I’ve been rather busy of late trying to keep up with work, the homestead, typical bullshit… Just over the past couple of days have I had the chance to sift through some of the articles here – and their associated comments, as always – and articles from the other usual suspects…

Usual suspects. Isn’t this fast becoming the operative phrase du jour? Am I now a ‘suspected terrorist’ simply by virtue of posting independent thoughts and drawing conclusions from the evidence I can see? Aren’t we all, at this point, suspected terrorists? I would ask – Who, EXACTLY, am I terrorizing by finding the NDAA to be a treasonous act? Please, if anyone reading this is frightened of any authors’ revelations regarding NDAA in the least, do tell.

I for one am not intimidated by being informed of the truth. The truth does not scare me. Not about NDAA, the equally treasonous Patriot Act, the expansive list of documented cases of police murder going unpunished. Pick your favorite recent lethal government abuse, as there are so many to choose from… Finding out about these things is not what has me concerned – the perpetrators and politicians that have enacted these policies are the problem. Yet, for some arcane, classified reason, I AM NOW THE TRAITOR? I am to be considered a threat? To whom, exactly? I ask again, do tell. Who, exactly, are the authors, economists, journalists (not presstitutes), peaceful protesters, and random Citizens-at-large who oppose the recent, and increasingly militarized & fascist, regimes of this republic supposed to be terrorizing? Are you scared of these people? Were you really scared of OWS?

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny.. isn't this the same typical BS for which so many people left their home countries to come to America.