Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Massachusetts Teacher Denied Extra Paid Leave to Welcome Home Stepson Wounded In Afghanistan


A Massachusetts school board has denied a teacher's request for three paid days off to welcome home her soldier stepson who was seriously injured while serving in Afghanistan.

Sonya Lomax, a high school math teacher in Carver, Mass., had asked for the three additional days to visit with her stepson, 23-year-old Army Spc. Todd Lomax, who was seriously wounded after being hit by shrapnel in a grenade explosion in Kandahar Province in October. 


Read More

4 comments:

Daddio said...

Take the days off without pay then ...

No brainer

Anonymous said...

Dang, I'm dealing with my third year trying to start up my construction business in this economy because that's all I know. Unemployment ran out over a year ago. I feel so sorry for this person... I made 16k this year and this guy was sent out to "protect out freedom" by an idiot who thinks that he wants to be the Worlds' policeman. We spent 16 billion instead of paying off our national debt to bail out other countries banks, and Obama
thinks this is something that is OK.

God help us all.

Anonymous said...

We spent 16 billion

I think you meant Trillion. They were spending 4 Billion a week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I stand corrected. I also agree with Daddio, take the time off without pay and go on with your life. They can't fire you for doing what you're doing...

10:12p