Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Half Of Federal Employees Call Pay Raise An Insult

When it comes to that half-percent pay raise idea, most federal employees are lukewarm. More than 600 people answered a Federal News Radio online poll about the administration's proposal for 2013. Half the respondents called it an insult. One wrote that half a percent won't even cover the increase in health insurance premiums. His advice was, keep your paltry pennies, Mr. President. Most of the other respondents said half a percent is better than nothing. One wrote, it's not much, but I'll take it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to keep your pie holes closed. You should be getting a pay cut, not a pay raise.

If it is insulting, hit the bricks. I wouldn't want you to have to endure such hardship.

And I bet you're union also. Awww. My heart bleeds for you.

Anonymous said...

If you don't want it, you could take a pay cut like I did. I was making 55000 plus bennies until I lost my construction job in 2008. Now I'm in business for myself and my 3 employees made more than I did this year. $16k/ yr or so... Adjust to that, government workers!

Anonymous said...

At least they are getting one.

Anonymous said...

those who object can forgo theirs.

Anonymous said...

7:29 nailed it!

Anonymous said...

The other day SBY NEWS posted that remarkable story about business closings.I'll admit I was clueless as to the actual#s.Some of the companies listed actually asked their employees if they would consider taking a pay cut before they closed for good.They would not.If the fed government ever takes a vote on a pay reduction, their employees most likely won't accept it either.