Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 19, 2011

Women In Construction Say "Men At Work" Signs Are Sexist

Construction has traditionally been a male-dominated industry, but these days, more women are taking up the trade.


As the industry changes, so do the signs. Most contractors now use gender-neutral signage, something like 'road work ahead.'

That's why some north Texas women who work in construction were surprised to see a "Men and Equipment Working" sign along the Trinity Trail in Fort Worth. They say the sign is sexist.

"Hey, what about me? Yeah. I'm out here," said Cristy Treder, who worked in construction for 13 years.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What it really should say is:
"Women holding sign so men can work"

Anonymous said...

I guess they want people at work!

Anonymous said...

I'm a woman but I think this is totally ridiculous!
People who want to hang on every word and every description need to get a life!
I'm so sick of the whole discrimination thing. Give it a rest!
They CHOSE to go and do a job that in the past was a MAN's job.
So what if the sign says MEN at work, they probably are the main ones doing the work! Geesh!

Anonymous said...

get a life.

Anonymous said...

I am glad so many have the same opinion as me! It is still a male dominated field and probably always will be. This is a waste of time and energy. Damn liberals.

Anonymous said...

oh just tell them to shut up and go get some coffee