Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 19, 2011

Why The Charlie Sheen Roast Isn't Worth Watching

Comedy Central airs its Charlie Sheen roast Monday night, and I for one, will not be watching. I'm not taking some sort of stand against the concept as a whole -- sure these roasts can be unkind but they tend to be fun. And even at their most uncouth, there does tend to be some benefit to the jokes –- roasting of a celeb can double as a clinic for comedy writing. And please, Sheen fans (if you're still out there?), let's be clear: I'm not calling for a complete boycott, either.

Instead, I'm just sending to the universe a message that I'll be putting my time to some better use. The whole crazy-Charlie thing is just so tired, and so over.

Sunday night's cameo at the Emmy awards is a prime example of why the spotlight needs to be fixed on anyone other than Sheen. At this point, and especially after Sheen last week made the mea culpa rounds on television, the novelty of wondering what he might do next has really worn off. At best, his appearance comes off as a little sad and at worst, seeing Sheen onstage these days leaves a really awkward aftertaste.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna watch him , he is an actor , like most has problems.
He tells you like it is , I like that.
Lets face it , many actors are a bit crazy or nuts.

Anonymous said...

WINNING