Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Wondering If You Could Help: UPDATE With Photo

Dear Joe Albero,

I was hoping you would be able to help in this matter.

On Friday night in Princess Anne I nearly ran over a 4-5 month old kitten.  Unfortunately the van behind me didn't see her in time and hit her.  I jumped out of the car but before I could get to her she was run over again.  Fortunately I was able to stop a truck from running her over yet again with only about 2ft to spare.  Amazingly she had survived, and held up her bloody face enough to make some weak sounds.  The lady in the van was kind enough to stop, give me a blanket and locate a 24 hr pet hospital with the help of the local pharmacy.

She is at the vet now, and is recovering.  The vet says she appears to have been shot sometime in her short life as well, as there was some sort of projectile visible on the x-ray.  I paid the vet bill for the initial trauma treatment and had her tested for feline leukemia and feline aids, both came out negative.  Unfortunately my job requires a lot of travel so I don't have the capacity to look after her.    

I don't know anything about this kitten in regards to temperament, training etc.  All I know is she needed some help to live and currently needs a home.  When I last saw her she was responsive and could move all of her limbs. She is currently still at PET's ER in Salisbury and needs an owner with time to work with her.  She can be visited at Pet's ER (410-543-8400) if anyone would like to go see her.  They are open 24 hours on the weekend and after 8pm on weekdays.

Would it be too much to ask to have some information and pictures of this kitty posted on your site?

Thank you very much for considering this,

Sean 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean - Bless You for taking care of this little Kittie. You are an awesome person!! Prayers for the little kittie. I already have 2 many cats, but maybe can donate some $$ towards the care.

Cathy said...

what an outstanding person you are Sean! Thanks for caring about this baby. like 9:07, i have my fill of cats too (3 all in the house) or i'd certainly open my home to her.

hopefully whoever welcomes her to their family will give you visitation rights :)

Anonymous said...

God Bless you, we need more people like you in this world. I pray for you and the kitty, hope someone will give her a good home.
Thank you for what you did.

Anonymous said...

God Bless you, we need more people like you in this world. I pray for you and the kitty, hope someone will give her a good home.
Thank you for what you did.

Chimera said...

Sean you are a wonderful man...

Unfortunately,since Somerset County for some asinine reason has no animal shelter, there are many cats and kittens out there who are at risk.I hope whoever shot this poor creature burns you-know-where.

Anonymous said...

Sean is a nice person. People are rude and do things to animals because they think its funny when it isnt at all its sad. And its nice to kno someone cares like me :) Ive rescued two homeless kitties

Anonymous said...

I can't take the kitty, but if she pulls through, and I'm praying she will, I would be happy to kick in a little to keep her at Pet's ER until we can find a home for her and I will ask everyone I know.

Sean, you are a wonderful person and I hope God gives you every blessing possible for the rest of your life and all eternity.

Ash said...

im sure someone will adopt her shes adorable. i have 5 cats or I would...lol

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone, it is encouraging to see these kind comments, and a big thanks to Joe for posting this on his blog

I am waiting for an update now from the vet. She was recovering well earlier, but still won't eat on her own.

I will post back here when I know more.

If anyone is interested I can be contacted at:
Sean@sightinsoul.com

-Sean

Anonymous said...

Wow! They say cats have 9 lives! Looks like she's already spent at least 3! I can't believe someone would shot a poor defenseless kitten! I hope when someone adopts it they call him/her "Lucky." It is great to know we have good samaritans in our community like Sean. What a brave thing to do!

J.Albero said...

Sean, a dear friend of mine contacted me a little while ago and is very interested in adopting the kitten. I hope the two of you hook up and go over the details.

Anonymous said...

This needs to be reported to the police. Animal abusers often go onto abuse humans, if they're willing to shoot a pellet at something as defenseless as a kitten it very easily could escalate as it is a disregard for life. Report where it was, that kitten couldn't have traveled far. And there are probably others.
Report it on behalf of the people who could be the future victims, if for no other reason.

Kathy said...

Sean it takes a special person to get involved and make a difference. The kitty was very fortunate that you came upon her. Joe, great job in giving this story exposure on your site. God bless the both of you.

Anonymous said...

Jerry said , where is this place. I will get some cash there wednesday to help with her keep .
Thanks for all you have done.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sean - any update on the kitty? Does anyone know how we can make donations for the kitties care?

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe - do you have any more infor on this kitty? I hope it works out with you friend taking the little one. Thank you so much for all you do for Salisbury -you keep us well informed, as well as you have Huge Heart!!