Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 01, 2010

INFLUENTIAL?

Well, if there's one thing I think is really cool it's been the large volume of phone calls I have received in the past few weeks asking, "who should I vote for."

Fortunately, there are plenty of people who respect where we stand and I gladly gave them my strong suggestions as they checked off their list. I even sat down with two people so far and suggested who I'd vote for and why. I didn't just say, vote for this or that person. I wanted them to make sure they knew why I was suggesting each candidate.

This has never happened in the past and if there hadn't been as many calls as I received, I probably wouldn't have mentioned it. After the Shield's/Polk race, it could come down to 20 votes and I'll be happy knowing we helped make a difference.

Be sure to get out and vote tomorrow Folks. Don't you ever think someone is so far ahead they don't need your vote. Every single vote will count in this election, believe me. Think about it for a minute. Can ANYONE actually say they are sure one candidate will absolutely beat the other, NO! Unless you get out there and vote, you might seriously regret you didn't take the time.

I want to see a "I VOTED" sticker on everyone tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Already took the time and voted early but if anyone has not already voted, get out there and exercise your right tomorrow.

J.Albero said...

Boy, JT is really freaking out over this post in rejected comments. Go to bed obese one.

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Since you began cleaning up your act on this blog several months ago,SBYNews has become a respected outlet. You were at a fork in the road and you took the RIGHT path.
Congratulations.