Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 13, 2010

Rachel Messick - Salisbury Woman - Murdered In NC

Mr. Albero,

Last night the body of Rachel Messick, a 30 year old woman who was born and raised in Salisbury, MD was discovered murdered in Winston-Salem, NC. Article here:
www.journalnow.com/content/2010/sep/13/130914/man-charged-murder-death-winston-salem-woman

Rachel grew up in Salisbury and attended James M. Bennett High School. She had moved to North Carolina a couple years ago. She left North Carolina and moved back home to Salisbury several months ago, leaving an abusive relationship. She just recently returned to North Carolina and to the relationship she had left, a few weeks ago. The man arrested for her murder is the best friend of her boyfriend’s brother.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel was such a bright cheery person; it upsets me that someone so disturbed would do something so horrendous to a person. No person deserves to be treated that way. Rachel will be missed. My concondolences go out to her family and if anything is needed please do not hestiate to ask.

Michelle Miller
c/o 98 JMB

Anonymous said...

I do not know this family, but my heart breaks for them. We have been down this road with the murder of my brother. Just know you are in my prayers.


Wanda Disharoon

Bonnie Banks said...

Oh wow I'm so shocked to hear about this! The Rachel I remember from middle school was such a nice person. RIP

Leo R. Cherry said...

She was a former co-worker of mine, and a dear friend to me. It saddens me to no end that she is gone; she had so much life to give and so much love to share. She leaves behind a lot of sorrowed people and too many unanswered questions.

Anonymous said...

So Sorry For Your Loss Messick Family......

Anonymous said...

Rachel was such a loving and caring person. Hugs to the hearts of her family and babies. RIP Rachel. Sleep with the angels!

Anonymous said...

I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED I KNEW RACHEL. WE WAS COWORKER AND SHE WAS A DEAR FRIEND. MY HEART GOES OUT TO HER FAMILY.

Anonymous said...

Rachel was and still is my bestfriend and godmother. I hope that bastard
that took my Rachel's life rots in hell and is reminded what he did to her and her family each and every day of his worthless life.

Anonymous said...

Grew up with Rachel. Went to school, had some classes together. We lived couple houses apart from each other. Use to hang out at each others house. Wow so in disblief.Thank GOD they got the person. I just found out about her death last night on facebook. Im so pissed. She was a great young lady.