Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 23, 2010

It's Time To Do A Good Deed Folks

Mr. Albero, per our conversation, I am looking for a men's bicycle to give to an employee at The Golden Corral who was mugged Friday evening and had his watch, wallet and bicycle stolen.

His bike was old and it was his only mode of transportation to and from work.

This man is around 50 and doesn't have much. If anyone has a bicycle that they aren't using I will be glad to pay a small amount for it. Nothing fancy, just handlebars and tires.

I can be reached at 410-749-0489 from 1p.m. until 9. Thank in advance for posting this on your site.

Sincerely,
Nanci Whiteley
frogettegrams@comcast.net

Editors Note: I'm sure someone reading Salisbury News has a spare bicycle they can donate. I think what Nanci is doing is just wonderful. Thanks for helping out Folks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a bike to donate to this fellow - what about Walmart, Kmart, Target- could they possibly do something for this guy? Would be nice of them if they could.

Anonymous said...

Im glad there are still good samaritains in this crazy world we live in.

Anonymous said...

If I was the manager @ Golden Corral, I would buy the guy a bike to retain a good employee.

Anonymous said...

What is the golden corral BROKE or something ,let them step up.

Anonymous said...

Call me at Bikesport. 410-543-2453
I will gladly fix something up for him to ride.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to say the man has a bike

Anonymous said...

Who ever donated, your a good person.

Unknown said...

just in case he doesnt have a bike I have one I will donate... peddle need fixed other than that almost brand new.

Anonymous said...

Yes...thank you to the person who donated. What a kind gesture.