Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 16, 2017

In Spite of Pledges, Trump May Take Salary – But Check Out What He Plans to Do With the Money…

During the election, one of the things that Donald Trump campaigned on was that he would not be taking the presidential salary, something only two other presidents in history have done. But it appears that he has reneged on this pledge; so what is he going to do with the money instead?

Trump first made the pledge at a rally in Rochester, New Hampshire, telling the crowd, “The first thing I’m going to do is tell you that if I’m elected president, I’m accepting no salary, OK? That’s not a big deal for me.” He then reiterated the pledge during a Twitter Q&A, saying, “As far as the salary is concerned — I won’t take even one dollar. I am totally giving up my salary if I become president.”

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he is giving his salary away to charity then he is still not taking it. Why do they have to change everything around to try and make Trump look bad when really he is doing a good thing. The title of this article. "In Spite of Pledges, Trump May Take Salary". If you gave your salary to me would that be considered that you are taking it or benefiting from the money. You should be talking about the Clintons or Obama stealing everybody else's money not Trump giving to the poor.

Anonymous said...

Trump is smart....now a huge tax break...always thinking.
Remember he now taxes better than anyone.