Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 19, 2016

FDA issues safety alert for popular hair care product over hair loss complaints

WASHINGTON -- Two years ago, 11-year-old Eliana Lawrence was worried she would be bald forever.

“I was scared I wasn’t going to get my hair back.”

Her mother Miriam says Eliana went nearly bald after using a WEN by Chaz Dean hair care product, which has celebrity endorsements and boasts of stronger, fuller hair.

But not for Eliana, says her mom.

“I noticed that her hairbrush was overflowing with hair. I’d never seen her brush in that condition before.”

The FDA began investigating the company after reports of hair loss, balding and rashes. Last month, the agency took the rare step of issuing a safety alert after learning the company had received 21,000 complaints.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and baby powder gave me cancer. Look it up.

Anonymous said...

How the world is full of suckers.

Anonymous said...

I will tell you also of some bad shampoo products. Less than 2 years ago I suddenly noticed the hair on one side was disappearing rapidly. I read up on line about shampoos and found out some people including women are more apt to hair loss. You want to avoid shampoos with ingredients such as parabens, silicone,sans colorants. The only one I could find in Salisbury that is a reasonable price is TRESEMME EXPERT SELECTION IN THE DARK GREEN BOTTLE. I started using it right away and my hair grew back, the section that grew back is snow white but that's ok at least it's hair. This is for real friends saw it for themselves. If you find others sold around here please post it.