Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 12, 2016

TRANSGENDERS PRESS VA TO COVER OPERATIONS

Transgender veterans have sent a petition to the Department of Veterans Affairs demanding the feds cover sex-change operations as part and parcel of their medical offerings.

“I served my country with pride and I should be treated just like my fellow veterans who have access to the treatment they need,” said Dee Fulcher, one of the petitioners, the Hill reported.

Lambda Legal joined with the Transgender Law Center to file the petition on behalf of Fulcher and another transgender who served in the military, Gio Silva. Other petitioners include the Transgender American Veterans Association, a group that boasts 2,200 or more members.

VA benefits already give some care for transgenders, including hormone replacement therapy and before-after surgical attention. But the feds don’t cover mastectomies or implants for transgenders and this is what petitioners are fighting to receive. Their argument: The VA covers mastectomies and penile implants for veterans suffering cancer and injuries, so why not for transgenders as well?

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're living in evil times.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but this fad is getting out of control. How can a Veteran even ask for this? There are so many wounded vets and older vets that can not get the treatment they need now. This petition is just ludicrous!

Anonymous said...

You joined the Service stating a specific sex and owning specific body parts. I would think the limits of the VA's medical care should be to do its best to keep those parts in the best running order possible, not mutilate them and cut them off. Same with medications.

Piss off!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! We took you as you presented yourself. The VA isn't responsible for your creation of something else.

Anonymous said...

Remember when no meant NO? Now someone says no the immediate responses include:

- why not?
- how come?
- show me in writing?
- I don't think so.
- Its my right.
- I'll ask someone else until I get the answer I want.
- I'll sue

sad.

Anonymous said...

OMG what kind of Jim Jones kool aid is this country drinking? Obama flavored?

Anonymous said...

This is not something NEEDED. If veterans can't get corrective surgery on their eyes or noses, then no pervert should be getting an operation to change the way God made them. No tax $$$ for sex changes!