Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

High School Bans Flags, Including Old Glory, in Effort to Not Offend Students — but Officials Were in for Quite a Surprise

Students at Fruita Monument High School in Colorado launched a patriotic rebellion last week after school officials banned all flags in the school parking lot, including the American flag.

The order to prohibit flags came after Fruita Monument senior Colt Chatfield was told he couldn’t fly a Confederate flag, which school leaders deemed offensive to others, the school’s principal told KKCO-TV.

“They said we can’t fly a Mexican flag, Confederate flag, American flag, any flag at all,” senior Paxton Streeter told KKCO.

Another senior, Keegan Bogart, told KKCO that the school was prepared to take action against students who violated the ban: “My buddy was kicked out for having [a flag] in his truck, and they threatened to expel Colt Chatfield for it, and they told all seniors that they would not walk [in graduation] if we continued to display flags in the school’s parking lot.”

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job kids!

Anonymous said...

If someone goes after my American flag then I guess I will have to fight them. If I don't I wouldn't be much of a American.

Steve said...

Good to know our kids value our Flag and Constitution!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
If someone goes after my American flag then I guess I will have to fight them. If I don't I wouldn't be much of a American.

May 18, 2016 at 4:53 PM

I'm saying the same thing about my Confederate Battle Flag