Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 04, 2016

OK, WBOC Really Screwed The Pooch Once Again




As images continue to come in from viewers, clearly the dusting on the grass, (1 to 2 inches at most) was yet another massive mistake by WBOC.

Some of you can come here and say I'm going overboard but you are wrong. Parents, businesses, government and so many others completely depend on these forecasts and quite frankly a kid from Delmar can call these storms far better then a guy who claims they're using the most sophisticated and modern weather system in the world.

They constantly plug, you can trust Dan. Dan said it was going to be like this. We spent a fortune upgrading to this new system. Dan just got a major award and only ONE meteorologist gets this award. They try to convince you that you should go nowhere else, yet they fail you on every serious storm for YEARS. 

Overboard, I don't think so. Holding them accountable is more like it. They've never had such a powerhouse like SBYNews ever challenge them with millions of viewers and quite frankly the truth hurts. I don't dislike Dan, not at all. I disagree with his forecasts and it is my job to hold WBOC accountable and the proof is in the comments, viewers here are ticked off too. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think they've gotten one storm right this year.

Anonymous said...

All one has to do is access the National Weather Service site and get an accurate forecast. Last night, after Dan said the "dusting to 1 inch or so", I checked the National Weather Service and they were saying much different: 3-4 inches and possible hazzard conditions on the road. Why do people still watch WBOC's weather? He is always wrong. I told my wife that since he mentioned a "dusting" we better put our vehicles in the garage because it would be worse. Glad I checked the NWS. The Kilbirnie Kid

Anonymous said...

Here in Willards I am measuring almost 7 inches of snow and still falling!

JoeAlbero said...

To the person who called me a liar about millions of hits, go to our January 1, 2016 Post. You Idiots have asked for proof for years and I delivered proof. How convenient for you to attempt to call me a liar, yet you conveniently seem to have missed that proof.

You went on to say I have the same old advertisers all the time. Funny how we continue to RETAIN our advertisers because they actually get RESULTS.

If you want your comments published, put your name to it. Who's the liar now.

Anonymous said...

SBY NEWS makes WBOC look like a group of wannabe kindergarteners. They are only good for Delaware news, WBOC wants to keep the image of Slumsbury as pristine as possible by pushing the Delaware news to the front.

Anonymous said...

Craig Jahelka loves Dan and that's all there is to it. When Craig makes up his mind, end of debate.