Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The World's Oldest Living Cat?

Missan, 29, may be the world’s oldest cat, according to its Swedish owner who says that aside from suffering from some minor back and kidney problems, there is no reason why her furry friend won't make it to the grand age of 30.

“I read an article about another cat that was supposed to be the world’s oldest, and I just thought to myself: ‘mine is older!’,” Missan’s owner Åsa Wickberg, from Karlskoga, told the TT news agency.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Poppy from Britain was listed as the world’s oldest cat last year at the age of 24.

Wickberg said she found Missan as an abandoned kitten in 1985, with the family dog quickly adopting her as one of her own.

“She’s a bit of a loner, and has always been a bit shy and a little cautious. But she likes dogs. She takes to them very quickly.”

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it stated "living" because many have lived to be in their late 20's.Creme Puff from France lived to be over 34 human years old.Even 29 is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Actually,Creme Puff lived to be 38 years old.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I remember my neighbor had a cat that was 30. It was raised of dogs milk after momma got hit. Nobody really knows I guess lol.

Anonymous said...

I thought Keith Richards was the oldest living cat ...