Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Obama Encourages Poor Work Ethic with ‘Depend on Government’ Attitude

A few days ago my wife and I were on a trip. It was early morning, and we stopped at a well-known fast food chain to get breakfast. We pulled up to the drive through only to be greeted by a surly, unhelpful voice that seemed to be irritated and bothered by customers who help pay her salary.

Now I'll admit that working the pre-dawn hours at a fast food window is not my idea of the ideal job, but if it happens to be the only one you have at the time, shouldn't you do it to the best of your ability in hopes that the powers that be will notice your attitude and move you on up the ladder when there is an opening available?

There is an attitude amongst a significant segment of American society that the reason the “haves,” have, and the “have nots,” have not, is an inequitable social system, whereby some people get all the perks and some people get none. It is their belief that the ones who succeed do so on the backs of those floundering around at the bottom of the economic ladder.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll start seeing more of this when they force people to take jobs to continue collecting partial welfare!

There's something that needs to run out of money - not Social Security.....

Don't worry - I'm not collecting either...just expressing my opinion.....

Anonymous said...

While this can occur at any age, I see a lot of younger adults with no work ethic, no customer service skills, low or no work ethic and lazy. I had a cashier ring me up once while texting on her cell phone while I was paying and she never said thanks or provided a greeting when I came up. I now prefer automated or self checkout. They keep working themselves out of a job. Also welfare should be strictly for food and no other goods.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they can learn how to play golf like their hero. Obama has no work ethic, what else would you expect.

Anonymous said...

I love how someone's bad experience with a surly fast food worker is suddenly Obama's fault. I've been encountering these for over 40 years.