Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 05, 2014

Cardin, Mikulski Promote Student Loan Refinancing

Maryland's two U.S. Senators visited UMBC and Bowie State University on Thursday to listen to students concerns about the federal student loan program.

Senators Barbara Mikulski and Ben Cardin also used the forums to promote a bill that would allow students or college graduates who took out loans before 2010 to refinance those loans at an interest rate no higher than 4%.

"You can refinance a boat. You can refinance a home. Why can't you refinance a student loan," Mikulski told WBAL News after the UMBC forum

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

POSERS!

Anonymous said...

I dont know why these loans were not low interest to begin with... back in 1982 mine was ny state at4%

Anonymous said...

Hell, they already don't learn anything, except progressive agenda... may as well not learn fiscal responsibility either. Handout.

Ben In Salisbury said...

I have found the additions in the form of "processing fees" "additional interest accrued" and several other terms I did not understand or have explained has more than doubled my original amount. I readily understand that a loan needs to be paid back, that is something to many people over look but the simple payment that was suppose to be based on my income is non existent and after going into the pits of depression over money problems the last two years of paying on time and as scheduled has not lowered the amount. Student Loans are a monster $$$$$ and no one will ever get it back to the simple borrow and payback the way I was told it would be
Apparently I am more of a failure at life than I realized