Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Buses With Migrant Families Rerouted Amid Protest

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Homeland Security buses carrying migrant children and families were rerouted Tuesday to a facility in San Diego after American flag-waving protesters blocked the group from reaching a suburban processing center.

The standoff in Murrieta came after Mayor Alan Long urged residents to complain to elected officials about the plan to transfer the Central American migrants to California to ease overcrowding of facilities along the Texas-Mexico border.

Many protesters held U.S. flags, while others held signs reading "stop illegal immigration," and "illegals out!"

"We can't start taking care of others if we can't take care of our own," protester Nancy Greyson, 60, of Murrieta, told the Desert Sun newspaper.

More

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shameful; where is the humanity?

Anonymous said...

Get ready for Marshall law.

Anonymous said...

12:04 PM
Go sneak across Mexico's border, THEN ask about humanity.

12:39 PM

It's MARTIAL LAW damnit.

mack said...

AMEN ...........SEND THEM BACK. And save our own and then we can help others. Till then send them all back.

Anonymous said...

12:04 How about we take all your property, earnings, and anything you own, and make you homeless in order to pay for the humanity you are searching for. Wake up moron.

Anonymous said...

Bye bye. See ya. I can't get help oh I make too much since when is 30,000 To much help me I'm here I'm legal.

Anonymous said...

6:38 AMEN I make less than you and 4yrs ago I tried to get just medical assistance just for my husband and was told the same thing, but was told I was eligible for food assistance a whopping $16 a month what a joke, I told them no thank you.

Anonymous said...

Send them ALL back too their country. We have enough problems taking care of our own.
Girl, get that 16$ worth of food assistance. That's free money. Believe me, you can get a lot of snacks with that 16$. Then sell it at a yard sell. Get what you can get from the government. If you don't, some illegal immigrant will get it for their anchor babies.

Bush'man said...

1204 is a troll.
Just ignore.

Anonymous said...

Bush'man said...
1204 is a troll.
Just ignore.

July 3, 2014 at 7:09 AM

how would you know? I think I will just ignore you.