Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Bodysurfer, 69, Dies From Injuries

A Timonium man died Tuesday after a body surfing incident on Ocean City’s beach last week left him with a broken neck, Ocean City Beach Patrol Capt. Butch Arbin said.

Emergency responders rushed the man, 69, off the beach at 82nd Street around noon Wednesday, June 25, after on-duty lifeguard Robert Phiambolis spotted him facedown in the surf.

Though responders could not find a pulse when they carried him to shore, he began coughing up water after five rounds of CPR and his heartbeat returned by the time medical staff carried him from the beach, Phiambolis said.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe it would be nice if you could post a location for fireworks tonight. I know there were some cancelations due to the pending storm. I didn't go out last nigh because I thought they all were cancelled.

Anonymous said...

also can u find out some more information about the collision in Mardela last night.

Anonymous said...

9:45, tasteless to ask about fireworks on a post about a man's death.

R.I.P., and condolences to this man's family.

Anonymous said...

Poor guy, I hope I can still bodysurf when I'm that old. Rest in Peace

Anonymous said...

Once again I implore an investigation into the life guards actions in the north end. I've said it before. The guards are not doing their jobs . They are focused on their love lives. Next time I go I will be recording the guards.

Anonymous said...

You are a kook

Anonymous said...

1:07 is no kook. I've seen it myself. There was a lively discussion on here a week or so about it.