Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 19, 2012

Managers Scramble To Understand Health Law Changes

Huddling around an Annapolis conference room table last week, a group of employment managers tried to school themselves on health benefits changes that are coming soon.

The federal health care law - the Affordable Care Act - will require employers with at least 50 workers to provide affordable health care to all full-time employees or pay a penalty.

But even though these managers work on employee benefits for a living, they looked baffled.

“What constitutes a 'full-time employee'?” one manager asked. For that matter, what counts as “affordable health care?” asked another.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I plan to lay employees off, don't want to but I have to, they will become Obamas problem then he can shower them with entitlements.

Anonymous said...

4:26 is full of baloney.

Anonymous said...

I've always purchased my own health insurance. I feel my employers duty was only to just give me a job-period. Plus I'm fiecely independant and that employee group insurance stuff didnt' and doesn't suit me. Thank you very much but I will choose my own plan to suit me and I'll pay for it myself. I'm not a group I'm my own person and I know what suits me and no one will tell me otherwise.

Anonymous said...

6:34-If there were only more like you.

Anonymous said...

Health insurance is relatively inexpensive. It's a matter of priorties. It was in the early
1980's that I started on my then Blue Cross policy. It was around $70/month. It crept up to $126 and was that for years up until recently was now raised to $180 thanks to Obamacare. It's excellent coverage. I've not ever paid anything out of pocket and it offers alot of yearly/biyearly tests such as EKG that I don't even use.