Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Pop Up Ads On The Internet

Talk about pet peeves, this has to be one of the most annoying parts of the Internet.

Now Fox News, (go figure) has pop up ads you won't clear. The Daily Times has their Netflicks, (or whatever they're called) and other pop ups, as if we're supposed to be so excited to watch an ad expand on their home page. OH, I want one of those, NOT!

I have had numerous people come to me wanting to buy a pop up ad on Salisbury News. Look, the money might be good but one thing is for sure, I will NOT subject all of you to something I truly cannot stand myself.

I spoke with someone yesterday who flat out said they refuse to go to the Daily Times because of their pop up ads. How about you. Are they just as annoying to you as they are to me?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not that annoying to me, I always just click the little X and forget about it. :-)

Anonymous said...

firefox+ad blocker plus and no adds

JoeAlbero said...

LMAO! anonymous 1:48 is the Daily Times, too funny. They keep trying to send in comments stating they don't mind them at all. There's not one single person that has ever said that to me and I'm sure, like you, you know of no one that doesn't hate it as well. However, to get one comment after the other saying they don't mind it at all lead me to see where people are coming from and wouldn't you know it, it's the Daily Times. You've Been Blogged!

Anonymous said...

Pop-up ads are annoying - part of the reason I don't go to DT anymore - good choice to not use them. Pop-ups are less annoying than the animations that spread out over the entire page - while blocking the "Stop Animation" button.

Anonymous said...

I posted the comment at 1:48, and I am NOT the Daily Times. I just don't let things annoy me that much. Life's too short. I would put my name but I am at work (again, NOT at the Daily Times) and would rather not. LOL That's the only pop up ad I have to deal with is on their site, that's why it's not a huge deal to X out of one. If you don't post this, I understand because obviously you don't believe me anyway. Have a great day Mr. Albero. I will continue to read your site even though you called me a Daily Times employee. I am sure you get so many negative comments it's hard to tell anti-alberos from your true readers, and we are the ones who matter! LOL

JoeAlbero said...

anonymous 3:07, truthfully, you may be correct. When the other comments came in I was able to look at those and tell where they were coming from. I asimply assumed you were the same person. Sorry about that, IF what you are saying is true.

Anonymous said...

yes they're awful, thank you for not even considering them