Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Milton Council Considers Media Policy


Under a new policy Milton Town Council is considering, public comment to the media could be restricted to the town manager and elected officials.
The issue was sparked by comments from Police Chief William Phillips in the Cape Gazette and other media following an Oct. 3 public meeting about gang and drug activity.
“I think there should be a policy in effect that says this is how we make determinations about who does interviews and what they have the authority to say,” said Councilwoman Deanna Duby. “This is not an attack on the chief. There was no policy; therefore he was violating no policy.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that if the press wants to ask me any questions I should be able to answer them if they regarded my duties. I would certainly ask for the help of the city fathers if I felt uncomfortable with any questions, and would hope that those fathers had chosen a complete professional in me. Nuff said. No gag orders for me.

Anonymous said...

Delmar has the same type of policy because certain people were stating untruths and causing big time problems a while back.