Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Should You Stick It Out For The Sake Of The Kids?

Dear Dr. G.,

I just don't know how much longer I can fake things. The holidays are coming up and I want to ask my husband for a divorce. The only thing stopping me is that I don't want to ruin the holidays for my 13 and 15 year old kids. They adore their father. I've been faking a lot of things for the past year and I don't think that I can fake one more Christmas, one more smiling family photo, or one more hug with this man who is my kid's father.

Am I right in waiting until after Christmas to file for divorce? If I file during Christmas will my kids forever remember me as the grinch who stole Christmas? Your opinion, please.

A Confused Mom

Read Answer Here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you are already a fake, then your kids already know, and are only looking to their father for family values. Yours are obviously gone,and your kids probably already know this, so having you out of the way for a true Christmas celebration would probably enhance their Christmas experience.

Toodles!

Anonymous said...

What a rude response to someone troubled 8:49 what compassion you lack. A lot of people are depressed during holidays. I would suggest that she hold on to after the holidays so her teenagers remember the Christmas holiday as good. But don't stay in a bad marriage for the sake of children, in the long run they as well as yourself can have better days ahead. Time is a great healer and faith in God.