Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gay Veteran To Romney: 'I'm Not Equal? Say It To My Face.'

This cycle is shaping up to be the year the LGBT community got mad as hell and decided not to take it anymore.

Scratch that.

It's the year the opponents of equality were dared by the LGBT community, "Okay, say it to my face. Tell me I'm a second-class citizen." And more often than not, the gay community got their response on video.

Mitt Romney had just such an encounter with a military veteran who dared him to tell him his husband, his marriage, wasn't worth the state or federal government acknowledging. From the Boston Globe, an account of Mitt Romney's conversation with Bob Garon in Manchester, New Hampshire, described as a Vietnam veteran:

No comments: