Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 16, 2011

Salisbury News Is Here To Stay

Rather than our traditional Survey Question today I'd like to take a moment to express my opinion on what I consider a serious matter today.

You know, seven years ago I went to the Daily Times with hundreds of pages of documents proving thousands of animals had died at the Salisbury Zoo. While I was grateful they did an initial article on this matter, they had barely touched the surface in its entirety and stated they would do several follow up articles.

The following day the then Mayor Barrie Tilghman and most of the City Council stormed into the Daily Times, the Mayor cursing like a sailor, (so I was told while on the phone at that exact time with the reporter) and yelling at the entire Staff.

Needless to say, the Daily Times backed down and refused to do any follow up stories. Instead, they told me, "Don't you think you've caused enough damage". I told them if they did not do follow up stories I would start my own newspaper and compete with them in the hopes of one day shutting them down. Yes, I was very angry at the time. Their reply was, "we love competition".

Well, here we are today, seven years later still plugging away and exposing information the Daily Times still refuses to publish. Instead, they take every opportunity to bash Joe Albero, Salisbury News and or as they like to call me, The Blogger.

In my honest opinion, thousands of stories have broken days ahead of the local Main Stream Media right her on Salisbury News. If a school is in lock down, where does this community turn and who can they depend on, Salisbury News. When an animal is lost and you're looking for help, where does everyone turn, Salisbury News.

You see, instead of a Survey Question, which would have been, Do you trust Salisbury News or the MSM, I think we pretty much know the answer to that question any more. We have seen the local media quote public officials, knowing what they've stated is a flat out lie. They publish the lie because they QUOTE that public official and they're not liable for the lie. Yet, (like today) they want to ACT like they are held to a higher standard.

We have no special interests here on Salisbury News. We express to ALL of our advertisers, you are not immune to what we publish if you suddenly become the center of attention and news worthy. We do NOT depend on our survival from advertising revenue. We instead enjoy the opportunity to take that funding and Pay It Forward.

Our mission is not to piss off everybody out there. Our mission is to get the TRUTH out there and it's been that way since day one. Love me or hate me, no one is going to scare me, threaten me and or shame me into quitting what I do. The Anti Albero Bloggers recently started yet another campaign to go after our advertisers and they have even created three new places to spew their flat out lies about Joe Albero. You know what, I'm cool with that. If any of you want to believe what these overly obsessed people have to say, that's your right.

However, when the local MSM wants to poke jabs at Joe Albero being just a Blogger and that what we produce is not trustworthy, they're wrong. The COMMENTS might not be held to be accountable, (as mentioned today) but MY ARTICLES are just as accountable as the local MSM and they know it. I have been sued three times and I have won all three cases because I did NOT lie. That was proven in Court.

If everything we said and did on a daily basis was challenged as a lie, well, I guess we would no longer be here today, would we. If Judge after Judge passed judgment in their favor on a regular basis I guess I'd be that guy the local MSM points me out to be.

Instead, I'm a winner. I have stood my ground as an American with the full support of my Family. I have invested seven years of my life giving back to this community and the entire Eastern Shore at my own expense. I do not ask you to pay me for what I do. I'm proud of what I do and who I am.

In closing, millions of people have come to Salisbury News. No one has forced any one of you to come here. No one is demanding you believe everything we say or do, that's your right. However, YOU keep coming back. We all know why. When people like Sheriff Mike Lewis shuts off communication, when Dr. Fredericksen cuts us off as an educator of freedom of speech, when the local MSM falls eight days behind a story and then feels the need to bash us as untrustworthy, Folks, you better think long and hard at who's influencing/controlling Americans minds these days.

This "Blog" is here to stay.

We can't thank the millions of people visiting Salisbury News enough. We started out as nothing and now we've become one of the largest resources of news and information on the Shore, if not the largest. We'll keep plugging along with your support. Thanks for allowing me this time to vent.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, just state the facts and the truth and you will be fine.
Well done.

Anonymous said...

Well said joe,go getum boy.

Anonymous said...

SBY NEWS is the only place to get the real news

Anonymous said...

Yes, Joe, you are here to stay. Until someone puts you out of your misery, that is.

Anonymous said...

I read everyday and will continue to read everyday because it's the only place to get the "whole" truth!! Great Job Joe!!

Anonymous said...

I barely ever agree with the conservative opinions on this blog, but that's what makes it fun. I enjoy seeing where other people are coming from, especially the people who comment intelligently. I also will say that I feel this blog has become much cleaner even though the word pu**y is used often. Even still, it provides quick news and every once in a while another viewpoint other than just a Republican one. I'm a social democrat, but a fiscal conservative and I enjoy coming to this site to see what the shore is up to since I moved a year ago.

Anonymous said...

So many of your opinions are particularly contrary, but, you are undoubtedly the best source of local news and manage to dig up "stuff" not found elsewhere. Your site is a must several times a day.

Only wish is there'd be more follow up on some "breaking news" posts - accidents last night and today for example.

lmclain said...

keep on rocking in the free world....or, as another group said, Fight the Power! Just prepare to be "detained" and "disappear' for a while, because someone will make an anonymous call to some department to label you a terrorist threat. Maybe that fat punk or that wanna-be gangster jeweler. This is the ONLY place to get the news and your numbers prove it!

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em Joe and thanks for SBY news.

Anonymous said...

Now do us a favor and help us get rid of Jeff Simpson from the fire department.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joe!

Anonymous said...

Joe is one man. He can't solve all your problems for you. How about you doing something for yourselves?