Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Young And Unemployed: What's Your Story?

As world leaders prepare to gather in Cannes this week for the annual G20 summit, a generation of young people are being left out in the cold, forced to fend for themselves in the wake of the economic crisis.

Youth unemployment rates are at a record high: In Spain, it is at a staggering 44%. In Italy it's 28% while France does slightly better at 21%.


More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor babies. do they not yet know, you have to work to live?

Anonymous said...

I got into home renovations/new construction during the boom, straight out of high school. I was smart enough to save(when you're working 15 hours a day, 6 days a week, you don't have time to spend lol), now I'm paying my way through school. I would love to keep with the renovations biz, but you gotta eat. I'm just proud of the fact I've never taken a dollar from Uncle Sam. Too bad many of my generation aren't willing to work, or attain marketable skills. Handouts create dependency.