Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Why I'm Grateful This Thanksgiving






The very first thing I am grateful for is my Wife and Family. Without their support I could not continue to do what I do 365 days a year.

I'm grateful for those men and women serving in our armed forces who protect the freedom we so enjoy.

I'm grateful for those who participate with Salisbury News and believe so strongly in what we provide each and every day. Their dedication is just unbelievable, yet many remain unnamed with no interest in recognition.

I'm grateful to ALL of the people who send us information on a daily basis, providing us information and photos. Without their help I'd be lost.

I'm grateful for the audience that has now exceeded more than 21,000,000 strong.

I'm so very grateful to our advertisers who support what we do every single day. Their participation allows us the opportunity to give back to this community like no other Blog ever has.

I'm grateful for ALL of the people who have volunteered with the Salvation Army over all these years. Without their help there is absolutely no way they could have raised the kind of funds and record years, (year after year) since Salisbury News got involved.

I'm so grateful to ALL of those people who have taken in lost animals throughout the years and reunited them with their owners.

Finally, I'm so grateful for ALL of the people I have met over the past 7 years since I started Salisbury News. I have created more friendships, many I'm confident will live on for the rest of my life. Sure, we've created some enemies but this is America and I can only hope that one day they will respect the fact that we enjoy our freedom of speech. So we differ in ideas and beliefs, so what. My hope is that they realize there's plenty of room for ALL of us. There's no reason to bring spouses and children into our disagreements and differences.

Anyhow, today I will kick back with Family and Friends and enjoy a peaceful day of fellowship. From the Albero Family and all of us here at Salisbury News, Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving to ALL of you.

UPDATE: I've turned off comments because of the nasty comments coming in from Jonathan Taylor & company. My message is all that matters anyway. To Mr. Taylor, you will never change and that's unfortunate.