Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Maryland Sales Tax

Joe,

A couple of days ago you had an interesting article on why people shop online to save sales tax.

Today and yesterday I went to Best Buy to purchase a gift for Christmas.I waited a total of 1 hr and 15 minutes and have yet to be waited on or asked if I needed help. Today they were not busy except 2 of the sales people were looking inside another sales assoc mouth to see some dental work she had had done. I told the young girl at the desk on my way out, or simply asked what I had to do to get waited on. Her generic answer was,they are all busy with customers. There were exactly me and another customer, who actually walked out before me.

This is why I will shop online-I don't give a damn about paying the sales tax. When I want the item, I want it.

P. Hurley Vienna Md.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant believe people still shop in stores like best buy, there is always a better deal online.

Anonymous said...

Every time I've gone in Best Buy, they won't leave me alone. Maybe you should come with me.

Anonymous said...

I don't find Best Buy to be the 'best buy' for anything; their prices are high. And I agree, their customer service is poor and many of the associates are not all that knowledgeable about some of the products they sell either.

Anonymous said...

Best Buy, an oxymoron for sure!!

Anonymous said...

The moment I heard "oh, we don't carry that, we are just a small best buy", I walked out.

Cathy said...

here's a best buy story for ya:
found a laptop online at a reasonable price & we needed 2 that day. they had them instock at the store so i drove up there to get them. price was higher in the store so i showed them the information from their website i had printed & brought with me. they also looked it up online saw the same thing and said they couldn't match it in the store. so i said, "ok i'll just call my husband, have him buy them online for instore pickup." seems easy enough. nope. they said that there's a 4 hours wait to pickup an online purchase in the store!

after STERNLY expressing my dissatisfaction to the manager, then another manager, they agreed to match the price in the store "this one time."

only time i've been back was to buy a new cd with a coupon that was just for best buy. never again...

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's me, but I've never had a problem with Best Buy (Salisbury store). There's a guy in the cell phone dept. that's wonderful, very knowledgeable & polite. I wish I knew his name, I'd post it. I've been in the store several times in the last few months without any regrets.

Anonymous said...

I have been to Best Buy 5 times. Not only did I never find what I was looking for, I, too, had problems getting anyone to help me.
Seems to me you've got to go in all dressed to the nines to get any service there.
I won't be going back! Bring back Circuit City or another competitor, Please!

Anonymous said...

I was in best buy once, before the manager got locked up for stealing, I was looking at a laptop. This kid who worked there have a Bluetooth in his ear talking to someone about computers.

He walks up turns the laptop to face him and starts typing. Totally ignoring me. I left and never returned. Their loss, not mine.

Anonymous said...

I like Best Buys products and pricing. But I was there a couple weeks ago and there must of been 20 employees working, 8 of us in line and one register open. Finally after 5 minutes not moving. They opened another register. That is my only complaint there.