Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Can You Be Trusted To Vote Intelligently?

This is a terrific and incredibly easy 13-question test. And it shows results in a number of ways. It clearly indicates that the majority of Americans don't have a clue about what's going on in the world. No wonder our politicians take such advantage of us. It's astonishing that so many people got less than half right. These results say that 80% of the (voting) public doesn't have a clue, and that's pretty scary.

There are no tricks here - just a simple test to see if you are current on your information. This is quite good and the results are shocking.

I believe it was Winston Churchill who opined that " . . . the biggest argument against democracy is a 5-minute conversation with the average voter . . .

"Test your knowledge with 13 questions, then be ready to shudder when you see how others did!

Test your news IQ - Pew Research Center

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

got 11 correct. I wish they told which ones were answered incorrect though I think I know-the court justice pic I wouldn't know Soto or Kagen if I fell over them and I wasn't sure where in S Am Brazil was located.

Anonymous said...

There's a link on the left you click on to tell you how you did on each question.