Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Letter To The Editor

Joe, do you have any idea who Aloha Properties is?  Plus...if Gary seriously believes this boat won't cost us anything he's seriously wrong and hasn't done his homework!
 
Any kind of grant funding comes from "we the people".  That money is printed up just because it's Grant money.  I can't wait for the next election so him and Smith will be history (I hope) but sadly it'll be too late for our Fire House.  This makes me so sad.  I grew up in that building.  I know the little hiding places where I could fit and others couldn't.  I saw Miss Salisbury pageants upstairs in that building.  That building is like a member of the family, not only to me but to lots of people.  I tried, I sent emails and made calls.  This is one of those times where the citizens didn't matter.  It's a sad day for Salisbury.  I will NEVER EVER attend anything in that building.  I will go to the other places downtown now, more than ever. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Important buildings like that are for the rich people to invest money and make good profits. Its not for citizens or tax payers who know nothing about making lots of money. Thats how rich people become rich and stay rich. Stupid taxpayers are just emotional about a building. It is meant for the rich. they pay more taxes anyway.

Anonymous said...

Gary voting on fire department issues is a conflict of interest with him being a volunteer fireman is it not!

Anonymous said...

Aloha Properties, LLC is Bryan Brushmiller (http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/UCC-Charter/ViewDoc.asp?Film=B 00841&Folio=1370&Pages=0002&Date=08 11 2005&Ack=1000361991752233&Domain=Charter&ID=W10799823&Name=ALOHA PROPERTIES, LLC&source=1)

Anonymous said...

11:08 your wrong about this being about emotions. This is a historical building. IF it must be sold why not to the higest bidder to try to make money. It's us taxpayers who have paid for that building along with it's upkeep most of our lives. I wonder if that crazy council would of sold the building to me if I had made the offer in place of Joe? Joe's money just a different person going to the council. I bet they would of done it in a heartbeat. The same thing happened to the fire truck that Joe offered big bucks to buy. Instead they more or less gave it away. What happened to leaving your emotions at the door for the betterment of the job you were elected to do? Salisbury is the biggest joke.

Anonymous said...

4:38, good comment, but please.... "would of" does not mean the same thing as "would HAVE"

Anonymous said...

5:03 PM

Sure it does.