Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 20, 2010

Don't Miss the August Third Friday Our Best Ever!


Dear Third Friday Fans,

Get ready for another fantastic Third Friday this August! Downtown Salisbury will be filled with "Summer Sounds" as we showcase three dynamic bands and an array of talented artists.

Stop by the Art Institute & Gallery to check out a special exhibition by the Clay Guild of the Eastern Shore. Bring your friendly dog downtown to participate in the Salisbury Wicomico Arts Council's "Dog Days of Summer" event. Looking for a bargain? Downtown merchants are staging the Amazing Sidewalk Sale with deals up to 75% off! Enjoy free swing dance lessons at 7 at St. Peter's Church, followed by an evening of ballroom dancing.

So mark your calendar and head downtown to Salisbury's Arts & Entertainment District this Friday from 5-8 p.m. for an evening of art, music, shopping, food, and fun!

Joni Simpson

"As a local Fine art photographer, I have truly enjoyed supporting Third Friday since it began a year ago. Bringing the arts to Downtown Salisbury is exciting to me and watching the plaza so full of people each month gives me hope that something more can happen for The Arts and for Downtown in our area.

In addition to being a Fine Art and Fashion photographer, I am also a Wedding and Portrait photographer. I have been photographing weddings for almost twenty years and I am grateful that my clients have allowed me to do so with a sensitive and artistic vision. My greatest desire for my photography is to create images that will inspire emotion in the viewer. Through my lighting, sense of motion, and expression I want to take the viewer to an ethereal and timeless place, not of their own world. I am beginning to explore more with models and hope to move further into the area of surrealism."

Joni Simpson's images will be on display this 3rd Friday outside of Parker Place.

Much Much More......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joni is very creative. exc. photographer