Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 26, 2010

I'd Like You To Meet Two Year Old Brody Lewis













From Grandma:

"Sit back my friends and let me tell you a true story about good deeds.

Last week, I emailed Joe about a very special but odd request. Because of my grandson's special needs and life support system, I was hoping to find a beautician/barber who might be willing to make a house call.

You see, my grandson can't leave the house without all kinds of back up batteries and tubes which must be connected to him. He will be 2 years old May 14 and has never had a haircut. It would take too much time to use the phone book and call every shop in the area which is why I contacted Joe.

I anxiously waited for my post on his site. It never happened. The next thing I knew, I had an email from Joe stating that he had contacted Eric the Barber and Eric agreed!

Eric and Joe came yesterday to my grandson's house and by the way, Eric worked until 3 and was with us by 4, and my grandson got his first haircut! He looks SOOOO cute!

When I offered to pay, Eric flat out turned me down. He came with all of his tools and let me tell you, this was NOT an easy hair cut because of the special chair that my grandson has to sit in. Joe offered to pay himself because he knew what a wonderful thing Eric was doing but I think Eric went home with nothing but a feeling of doing something great!

I was running around taking pics with my cell phone but because of being short, I could not get a lot of shots. Joe was able to take some shots through the entire process and I can't wait to see them!

Folks, never say that no one reaches out to help others no matter how odd the request may be. Joe and Eric did and I have to say, they are some of the nicest people I have ever met!

Many thanks to Eric and Joe!

Your good deeds will not be forgotten!"

Cindy, Casie, Brad and Brody

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh...I hate crying on Monday mornings.


DJ

doug wilkerson said...

Your gonna make me cry, what a wonderful thing to do.

Anonymous said...

The look on daddy's face as he's talking to his son fills me with such joy. That's true love.

Eric, you ROCK!

jeremy said...

i recently visited erics shop downtown after reading about it on sbynews. great place, great haircut, great guy. highly recommended. Im convinced every good barbershop should have an hdtv to watch!

Anonymous said...

Ditto DJ!

Anonymous said...

Eric is the best... great haircut and great personality!

Anonymous said...

What a Wonderful thing you did for this family!
Eric, this shows exactly what kind of person you are! GREAT! And, because of your kindness I know it will be passed back to you tenfold!
Joe, so nice of you to be there for them also! This is what lifes all about!! EW

Anonymous said...

Joe, thanks for sharing this article. Bringing things like this to light will hopefully teach others to give back as well. I have enjoyed every one of your articles today and I thank you for all that you do to give back. I'll be visiting you very soon Eric.

Anonymous said...

Cool.

Anonymous said...

Eric always was a good kid. He turned out to be an even better man. I'm sure your father is quite proud of you Eric.

Anonymous said...

I took my son to Eric for the first time this past Friday. He's 12 yrs old and has decided he doesn't want to go to a "salon with all girls" anymore so he had his first "barber shop" haircut. :) Eric did a great job; he has a fabulous personality and it did not surprise me one bit to hear this story, he seems like he's just that kind of guy! Very nice...

Chimera said...

That is AWESOME!There are still good people in the world.

Anonymous said...

people taking care of people with out gov't intervention.
great post!

Anonymous said...

Joe, You are all heart !

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joe for letting me know via your blog where Eric was. I use to wait for him at the other barber because he does a great job and is a great guy. I really like his new location. Highly recommend him to everyone. I'm not surprised that he did this. Good job to both of you.

Anonymous said...

Joe, Thank you SO much for posting this! The pictures are awesome! I think you managed to capture the BEST moments! Thanks again to Eric whom without his good heart, this may not have happened so soon!
Cindy W.

10001110101 said...

What a little cutie!

Anonymous said...

I have cut my childrens hair since they were born, along with my husbands, but I think this story is proof that Eric deserves all the business he can get. I don't mind paying someone who is such a gentle caring soul.

Anonymous said...

The next time I get a cut. I'll pay double. Once for me and once for the kid. Eric is THE MAN!

Anonymous said...

Its nice to read something GOOD for a change! Just the kinda CHANGE this Country needs! Praise God good still exist in people.