Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 25, 2020

A Comment Worthy Of A Post 5-24-20

Mr. Albero, You have been my main source of news for many years, the only other has been Fox 25 in my area. I certainly hope you will stay with the truth, I getting to the point that I don't know who or what to believe. I know that reporters only read what they are given to report, as pawns they don't even know what they are saying half the time. We are now 100% political in all reporting including the weather, damn shame. My wife and I went to the french fry place on the boardwalk and we were the only people in line , a few people on the board walk. We were going to stop at your place but appeared to be closed. I thought maybe the social distancing would apply to eating outside. Anyway keep the truth coming and I will stay with your blog, thanks for the good and honest news.

Publishers Notes: THANK YOU! I cannot honestly believe so many "sheeple" listen and fall for local and national news. It's very simple Ladies & Gentlemen, when Ocean City is actually BUSY, traffic is always backed up all the way to the Berlin Walmart. I live here and I get to see and even experience the summer traffic. On this Memorial Day weekend, (and I mean all three days) anyone could easily cruise right over the Rt. 50 draw bridge, no traffic, day or night! So to blow smoke up everyone's you know what and claim it was "VIRAL" in OC this weekend, they're fools! On this holiday weekend, do tell me people where the 2 mile long line at Seacrets was where people were paying $40.00 just to get in!!!! Oh, that's right. It didn't happen tanks to Governor Hogan. Local media is full of BS!

As for my bar/restaurant, we are seriously considering whether it is worth opening the doors at all this year, seriously. Much will depend on Hitlers Orders and to what capacity we will be ALLOWED. Then we have to worry about his Soldiers handing out businesses with "social distancing violations" at $5,000.00 a piece. You tell me people, how would YOU feel if I had to walk up to you and tell each one of you that you are standing too close and you must separate 6 feet apart or I will be fined $5,000.00!

Yeah, I think I'd rather stay closed and not take that risk. However, there is only ONE other option in which I'd reconsider opening and I'll share that some time this week but let's see what Hogan says first.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.C. Business models do not allow for half capacity. You go broke paying taxes, fees, licenses, workman’s comp ins. Etc...

Anonymous said...

I'd stay closed too.

Anonymous said...

Yeppers

Help!! said...

Mr Albero. I know you are upset but I want to thank you for following governor guidelines. I have not been able to hug my mom or visit her for months and until this mess calms down I still won’t. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

You should stay closed and actual for one time in your life come close to following through on something you report on.

Anonymous said...

7:38. Your comment has no value - just contempt - evil. I am currently in OBX for Memorial Day. I have vacationed in OBX for 40 years and I have never seen so many people. Cars from Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania. All stores open. Masks being worn - people actually polite - distancing. What is wrong with Hogan.

Anonymous said...

first, there was "Flatten the curve" so 2.2 MILLION people wouldn't die in the USA.

Been there

Done that

Okay, move the goalposts or open the off up. Hitler Hogan?

It's time to give the health workers some business so they won't get laid off.