Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 16, 2020

Andrew Gillum to enter rehab facility

MIAMI, Fla. (CBS 12) — Former Tallahassee Mayor and Democratic candidate for governor Andrew Gillum said he's entering a rehab facility.

"After conversation with my family and deep reflection, I have made the decision to seek help, guidance and enter a rehabilitation facility at this time," Gillum said in a release. "This has been a wake-up call for me. Since my race for governor ended, I fell into a depression that has led to alcohol abuse. I witnessed my father suffer from alcoholism and I know the damaging effects it can have when untreated. I also know that alcoholism is often a symptom of deeper struggles. I am committed to doing the personal work to heal fully and show up in the world as a more complete person.

Gillum said he'll be stepping away from the public for the foreseeable future.

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

For what? Hiring a gay hooker or passing out through illegal drug use?

Anonymous said...

,🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈 Was Jake day there ?

Anonymous said...

Boo hoo, cry me a river. The "deep reflection" part is hilarious! He got deeply busted is what he meant.

Anonymous said...

He's a dumbocrat. In a few weeks he will be hailed a hero for overcoming the curse that plagued him.

Anonymous said...

He'll be on the democratic ticket in 2028

Anonymous said...

how many times was marion barry re-elected.

Anonymous said...

He’s on the downlow, why doesn’t he just admit it?

Anonymous said...

Typical. Blame the “loss” of the election on it when everyone knows it started long before that.

Anonymous said...

He got SOMETHING deep.