Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 04, 2019

A Viewer Writes.....Pocomoke Election

How about a short blurb on the Pocomoke Election (4/2/19)? DT, WBOC & WMDT could not be bothered. I thought maybe you would at least mention it.

A young, complete newcomer to politics beat incumbent George Tasker and former councilman William Sparrow. Scott Holland now only beat them he creamed both. The tally on election night was Holland 97 votes to 31 for Sparrow and 9 for Tasker. That's right, the incumbent got substantially less than 10% of the vote.

I have known Scott his entire life, he is a good young man who will hopefully do some good things for Pocomoke.


Thanks for reading.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Changing of the guard. People are done with the same old good ole boys and locally established and entitled politics.

Anonymous said...

Time for new good ole boys.

Anonymous said...

George Tasker? Reverend George Tasker? Pfffffftt.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, hows that working in da bury?

Anonymous said...

The town could definitely use some changes.

Anonymous said...

I bet that Holland name had a lot to do with it.

Anonymous said...

Nice turnout!

Anonymous said...

1:37- You beat me to it, almost word for word. The old guard has done virtually nothing for my home town. All done by the citizens. The new electorate is balls to the wall with making me proud of my town. Thank you, Pocomoke elected officials!

Anonymous said...

Scott is a good man, will do well for the city of Pocomoke.

Anonymous said...

I thought it spoke loudly to Tasker! He was only in for the benefits he could get out of it and certainly not what he could do for his city. He fought only for himself. I also love how the citizens didn't want Sparrow back either. He's a part of the good ole boy system.

In with the new and fresh ideas. I don't know who this Scott Holland is but I say GOOD LUCK TO HIM! I own property in that district and I certainly welcome the new comer! I'm so excited for Pocomoke City...keep an eye on Bobby Cowger. Businesses he ran don't exist anymore....don't let Bobby run that town to bankruptcy. He just can't be trusted.