Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 04, 2019

GOP Sen. Kennedy: My Democrat Colleagues Believe the ‘Border Is a Nuisance’

Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Sen John Kennedy (R-LA) said some of his Democrat colleagues believe the “border is a nuisance.”

When asked about President Donald Trump declaring a national emergency at the border, Kennedy said, “It wasn’t my preferred choice. I would have preferred to have congress do its job. Now not all my colleagues agree with me, but I do believe that we have a have a crisis at the border. We have had in my judgment, a 15-year bipartisan refusal here in Washington, D.C., by both big government Republicans and Ritz-Carlton Democrats to refuse to enforce America’s immigration laws. Trump is enforcing them. Now you may like that or dislike it, but he’s enforcing them. Some of my colleagues don’t agree with him. To them, the border is kind of a nuisance.”

Host Jake Tapper asked, “You are talking about Republican colleagues, too?”

Kennedy clarified, “I’m talking about Democrat colleagues. To them, the border is a nuisance. To some of my Democrat friends, there’s no —they make no distinction between legal and illegal immigration. If you disagree with them, you’re a racist. I believe that legal immigration makes our country stronger. I believe that illegal immigration undermines legal immigration. I believe that illegal immigration is illegal. I mean, duh.”

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, this dude isn't from the Kennedy tribe up North that some knew and loved. This ole boy has got his act together and I like him very much. Sad that his "friends" are so hell bent against a president that wants nothing more but the best for our country.

Anonymous said...

People in power who don't want to do anything about it are even more of a nuisance.

Anonymous said...

Well let me tell you, the Democrats are more of a nuisance than any wall anywhere could be. Hate Mongers!!! John Kennedy would turn over in his grave if he saw a relative of his talk like this radical kid does.

Anonymous said...

Damn lib-tards have gone far beyond nuisance, rapidly becoming a royal pain in the a$$. More and more every day.