Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Congressman Andy Harris Receives NFIB Guardian of Small Business Award

WASHINGTON, DC: On Thursday, September 13, the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) awarded Congressman Andy Harris (MD-01) with the NFIB Guardian of Small Business Award for the 115th Congress.

Jon Kurrle, Vice President of Federal Government Relations, awarded Congressman Harris with the NFIB Guardian of Small Business Award on behalf of the congressman’s “strong small business voting record in the 115th Congress” and his “support of small business and free enterprise.” The Congressman received the NFIB Guardian of Small Business Award three times previously during the 112th, 113th, and 114th Congressional Terms. This will be his fourth consecutive Congressional term receiving the award.

Congressman Harris issued the following statement upon receiving the award:

“I am honored to receive the NFIB Guardian of Small Business Award from the National Federation of Independent Business. The NFIB is a strong advocate for small businesses across America. Small businesses, entrepreneurs, and innovators are the backbone of our country and employ the majority of our workforce. For many people, owning their own business is part of the American Dream. I will continue to support efforts to reduce the tax and regulatory burdens faced by our small employers.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never encountered such uneducated and uncouth people in my life such as I have experienced in Salisbury, Md. Even the local police department is inadequate, to say the least. Am I the only one that feels this way?

I actually dread going into that town now and go only when absolutely necessary. The crime itself is bad enough but some of the people I encounter there makes me feel like I am on the set of the movie Deliverance.

I am sure there are still some nice folks there but they seem few and far between. Or maybe it's just me. Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

I guess I am the only one. Odd.