Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Why you shouldn't put your feet on the dashboard, woman warns

As soon as Audra Tatum would hop into the passenger seat of a car, the mother of three from Walker County, Georgia, would lean back and relax with her feet up on the dashboard.

Her husband warned her about the dangerous habit, but Tatum didn't care — it was comfortable.

"All my life I had my legs crossed and my foot on the dash," Tatum told CBS News. "My husband always told me, 'You're going to get in a wreck someday, and you're going to break your legs.'"

Tatum assured him he was wrong.

"I'll put my foot down in time," she would always reply.

But two years ago, on August 2, 2015, Tatum's perspective changed completely.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some just have to learn the hard way.

Anonymous said...

Stupid is as stupid does.

Anonymous said...

An EMT should have know better. I have never allowed in my vehicle even before airbags. It is just plain stupid. Also, love those idiots that put their foot outside the car while driving. These are just the people Darwinism is looking for.

Anonymous said...

You never see men doing this, only women. Now tell me there is no difference between men and women.

Anonymous said...

What would be worse would be those who ride with legs and feet out windows can you even picture it without wincing?

Anonymous said...

Won't catch me letting anyone's feet on my dash in the first place!

Anonymous said...

I was with a sales rep that was taking me out to lunch, years ago, when I had to ask her to remove a Rolodex type file from where she had it mounted on the dash, right on top of the air bag compartment cover. She said she had never thought about what would happen to a passenger is the airbag was deployed in an accident.