Motorists Should Expect Single Lane Closures During Construction
(July 28, 2017) – The Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration (MDOT SHA) is investing $12 million to repair and resurface roads in Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester counties. Weather permitting, all work should be complete by the end of the year.
“As crews are out repaving roads and creating a smooth ride for drivers, we ask everyone to slow down in work zones and pay extra attention,” said MDOT SHA District 1 Engineer Jay Meredith. “Construction workers are fathers, mothers, brothers, aunts, just like you and me, and they want to get home to their families each day.”
Dorchester County ($4.52 million)
• MD 16 (Taylors Island Road) between Hoopers Neck Road and the bridge over Parsons Creek Bridge - 2 miles;
• MD 313 (Eldorado Road) between MD 14 (Railroad Avenue) and Maple Drive and MD 313 between Bradford Road and the Caroline County line – 6 miles;
• MD 331 (Waddles Corner Road) between MD 16 (E. New Market Road) and the Caroline County line – 3 miles;
• MD 307 (Williamsburg Road) between MD 331 (Academy Street/S. Main Street) and the Caroline County line – 5 miles; and
• MD 336 (Lakesville Road) between MD 335 (Golden Hill Road) and Blackwater Road - 2 miles.
Somerset County ($1.6 million)
• MD 358 (Jacksonville Road) between MD 413 (Maryland Avenue) and Byrd Road – one mile;
• Box Iron Road (MD 358A) – Entire section of roadway - one-quarter-mile;
• MD 413 (Crisfield Highway) between Tulls Corner Road and South of Tawes Campus Drive - 4 miles;
• MD 363 (Deal Island Road) between Earl Webster Road and Messick Road - one mile;
• MD 363 between Benton Circle and Osburn Webster Road – 2 miles;
• MD 363 between US 13 (Ocean Highway) and Mansion Street - one-quarter mile; and
• Northbound US 13 at MD 362 (Mt. Vernon Road) turns lanes only.
Wicomico County ($3.4 million)
• Eastbound US 50 (Ocean Gateway) between Walston Switch Road and West of White Richardson Road – 6 miles;
• MD 349 (Nanticoke Road) between Hickman Lane and Cedar Hill Parkway - 4 miles;
• MD 12 (Snow Hill Road) between Airport Road and Nutters Cross Road - one mile; and
• MD 346 (Old Ocean City Road) between Walston Switch Road and Rounds Road – 3 miles.
Worcester County ($1.7 million)
• MD 90 (Ocean City Expressway) at MD 589 (Racetrack Road) – Ramp paving;
• Northbound US 13 (Ocean Highway) between the Pocomoke River Bridge and Market Street – 2 miles;
• First Street (MD 378A) between MD 378 (Baltimore Avenue) and MD 528 (Coastal Highway) – Ocean City unit block; and
• Ninth Street between MD 378 to MD 528 - Ocean City unit block.
Crews may close one lane Mondays through Fridays between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Motorists should plan extra travel time during construction. MDOT SHA’s contractors, Alan Meyers and David A. Bramble will use cones, signs and barrels to properly highlight work zones. Flaggers guide vehicles through traffic. MDOT SHA and its transportation partners asks that motorists slow down when traveling through work zones and allow for extra commuting time. Please stay alert, obey the speed limit and pay attention to highway road crews for work zone safety is in your hands.
The e-Road Ready 2017 electronic construction brochure is now available by clicking here. The e-brochure highlights major road construction and maintenance projects in Maryland’s 23 counties.
To better prepare for travel and commuting, Maryland drivers can know before they go by calling 511 or visiting www.md511.org for live traffic updates. Also available is e-Road Ready 2017 —an interactive listing of all major highway projects. Those who have further questions may call the MDOT SHA District 1 Office at 410-677-4000.