Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

New chief of NewBostonPost makes rash promises, unreasonable demands

By Way of Introduction …

My name is Matt McDonald, I’m the leader of the band.

The new one, that is.

Starting today I take over as Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, chief executive officer, and any other titles I can think of. (If you get flustered in my presence, “Dear Leader” will do.)

I was born in Brighton, grew up in Watertown, and have lived most of my life within a fairly easy drive of the Hub of the Universe. (Unlike many who use that term, I have never thought of it as ironic.)

I have spent most of my adult life working for newspapers around here, some of which you’ve probably heard of, and most of which you probably haven’t.

But enough about me. Let’s talk about you.

You, by definition of having gotten this far into this article on this web page, are a reader of NewBostonPost. A dear reader, as a matter of fact. I not only respect you; I treasure you.

To be fair, NewBostonPost has a lot of readers — a credit to founding publisher Tina McCormick, recent editor-in-chief Jennifer Braceras, senior reporter Evan Lips, reporter Kelly Thomas, and other recent and current contributors.

But we have room for a few more.

(Hello to you, Seamus Mulligan. I’m not stealing that line, only borrowing it.)

Why should you read this web site?

We have something that doesn’t exist elsewhere.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's see how this goes. Maybe the Daily Times could learn something.