Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Bad business in Haiti

HAITI 

From: Hillary Clinton 
To: Hillary Clinton 
Date: 2010-01-27 20:31 
Subject: HAITI

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05773734 Date: 08/31/2015 RELEASE IN PART B6 From: H Sent: Friday, Janua 29, 2010 3:31 AM B6 To: 'cheryl.mills ; 'millscd@state.gov'; Doug Band Cc: Subject: Fw: Haiti Fyi. Original Message From: Burns Strider To: H Sent: Thu Jan 28 17:20:10 2010 Subject: Haiti I had a group call me today... It is "F & B Catering" who have an agreement they are working to finalize with the International Disaster Relief Fund... One of the principles is Craig Fant. Their operation is on the Gulf Coast. The agreement would be to provide meals to 120,000 folks a day for a year in Haiti. I did a good bit of due diligence thru the afternoon with contacts I have on the coast, in Jackson and in the Delta (the ag region) and these folks did a lot of the Katrina work and have the staging facilities in Gulfport to move their goods to Haiti... the facility, in fact, was built with Katrina money as part of the single largest FAA grant in history... this airport is used as the staging and departure area for troops going to Afghanistan... the cargo terminals and personnel are equipped and experienced in this type of work. Also, there has been a solid, transparent and deliberate effort by this company to work with and buy products from minority farmers in the Delta... I don't know your politics, etc. I don't know the details on your end, boss... I get so many requests each month wanting me to offer good words, etc. to you on behalf of some entity... most of the time it's all about the dollar signs I see in their eyes... I ignore them... but my discovery process of F & B Catering, their Katrina work, the confidence in their capacity, the use of post Katrina federally funded facilities and the commitment to minority farmers was all compelling... so I share! Thanks, ma'am. 

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05773734 Date: 08/31/2015

No comments: