Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 22, 2016

'BLACK OLIVES MATTER' Outrage After Restaurant Twists ‘Black Lives Matter’ Slogan

AN ITALIAN restaurant has been slammed for sharing the slogan “Black Olives Matter” with critics accusing the restaurant of trivialising the protest movement.

Paisano’s Italian restaurant was accused of making a joke in poor taste against the “Black Lives Matter” protest when it shared the “Black Olives Matter Try Our Tapenade” slogan out the front of its Alburquerque, New Mexico, premises.

People have taken to social media to slam the slogan, with Claudia Sanchez writing: “As a woman of color I find your posting offensive and in very bad taste.

But others praised the pun, with Russell Berryman writing: “Always love a good play on words. keep up the good work.”

More here

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody tell Mrs.Sanchez we are offended by BLM! It's racism at its finest....

Anonymous said...

Ms. Sanchez, when you wear those tight spandex like pants, I find that extremely offensive and definitely in bad taste!

Yeppers!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love olives - black or green! I sure am diverse!!

Anonymous said...

Black Lives Matters is trivial. It's just another pity party.

Anonymous said...

Everyday I try to piss off at least 1 liberal. It ain't hard.

Anonymous said...

2:24 That's because they're born and raised to be pissed off with an "Everyone owes me" mentality.

Anonymous said...

Black Olives Matter is rights. Life without them is horrible. Life without BLM so-called movement, priceless.

Anonymous said...

We are all just so offended and everything. Say the word black in it offends me. Say the word white it offends me. Say the word Hispanic it offends me. I have just decided to be offended and everything. And you can't change my mind.

Anonymous said...


My ancestors were Celtic. I think Green Olives Matter but you'd be hard pressed to tell by the previous comments.

Good thing we've got an Irishwoman as Attorney General; she'll get this injustice remedied. Oops!