Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 14, 2016

Subject: Trump supporter says she’s facing harassment, vandalism

WASHINGTON — Someone has stolen the Donald Trump signs from her yard, spray-painted her house with messages and a motorcyclist stopped to threaten her life.

But a Gainesville, Virginia woman says that while she’s frightened and exhausted by the ordeal, she won’t be intimidated. Judy Beaty, 70, has put up more Trump yard signs.

She says she’s been told by Virginia State Police that they will provide additional security measures.

“I can’t even tell you how hard it is to deal with something like this. I feel like I’m very violated, at this point, and very threatened,” says Beaty.

She awoke Wednesday morning to find the Trump signs gone and her neat, white house spray painted with the words “revolution” and “can you see the new world through the tear gas.”

She says she would be less frightened if the incident stopped there, but the threats have continued.

“I get all these nut cases riding by here going, ‘Feel the Bern,’ ‘[Expletive] the Trump signs.’ I had one guy, yesterday, telling me I was going to die,” Beaty says.

More

No comments: