Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Poll Results On Police Violence Tend To Be Racially Divided

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Marylanders are weighing in on who is likely to be at fault in violent police encounters.

Pat Warren has results of a new poll.

Marylanders were asked what they think is the bigger cause of violent encounters between the public and the police.

The man at the center of one struggle with police last month is charged with assaulting the officers. Also last month, an officer was charged with assaulting a man during an arrest. Two examples of incidents escalating to violence.

Is it the attitude of police?

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reason that I'm not assaulted by the police all the time isn't because I'm white, it's because I don't hang around on the streets selling drugs and preying on people. I work hard and then go home to my family. Pretty simple.

Just like Freddie Gray, you look for trouble, you find it.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely. They are the alphas and omegas as far as they're concerned.

Anonymous said...

The reason they get assaulted by police is because they are always doing criminal things, and when confronted they don't follow orders from the police. Do right, and do as your told, no problems.

Anonymous said...

Don't fight police and you'll be just fine. It's not hard to figure out.

Jail Bird said...

Show the police the respect they deserve, and they will treat you with respect, even when you are breaking the law. I know, I have been arrested and jailed many times, but never did I get beaten, I said "Yes officer, no officer, excuse me,". Your attitude at time of arrest goes into the officers report, and the judge granting bail sees this. When you are caught, just do the right thing, and take the punishment, man enough to do the crime, do the time.