Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 10, 2015

Rita’s Italian Ice Locations Stop Serving Frozen Custard Amid Egg Shortage

First it was a grocery store chain asking customers to limit themselves when buying cartons of eggs, and then it was shorter (temporary) breakfast hours. And now, consumers are feeling the repercussions of a national egg shortage in the category of icy treats: Rita’s Italian Ice notified customers that it won’t be serving frozen custard, and will instead be replacing that menu item as it runs out with soft-serve ice cream. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm done then. Not worth the wait and hastle of dealing with the children that work there. Mkst of whom are dumb as a sack of stupid!

Anonymous said...

Not a problem to me. I can't afford to buy anything at Rita's. Talk about overpriced stuff.....

Anonymous said...

I have yet to see any egg shortage... wait, I have my own. Changing from custard to soft serve will make them take a hit in their pocket, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

I think both Rita's and TCBY are very expensive and at TCBY they don't have many customers when I ride by.

Steve said...

I'm going to let 6 of my eggs hatch. Then, there will be no "egg shortage".