Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Jimmy Carter Openly and Proudly Condemns the Words of Jesus Christ Himself

Former President Jimmy Carter made an admittedly baseless statement on Tuesday when he claimed that he believed Jesus Christ would approve of same-sex marriage, granting that he didn’t have “any verse in Scripture” to support this idea.

“I believe he would. I believe Jesus would. I don’t have any verse in Scripture,” Carter responded when asked by HuffPo Live host Mark Lamont Hill whether Christ would embrace same-sex nuptials.

“I believe that Jesus would approve of gay marriage, but I’m not — that’s just my own personal belief,” he said.

Instead of studying the issue out by examining the Bible, Carter chose to use the conventional wisdom of our declining culture to support his claim.

The one-term Democrat president continued by saying that he believed Jesus “would encourage … any love affair that was honest and sincere.”

More

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a butt head!

Anonymous said...

I believe that too.

Anonymous said...

Then----O;e' Jimmy doesn't know
his Bible-----does he?

Anonymous said...

God has already spoken and ruled on this subject.....READ THE BIBLE!!!

Anonymous said...

Every time he opens his mouth, he inserts his foot.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks or feels. Truth about homosexuality is in scripture. God says it is a sin.

Anonymous said...

He really doesn't like having his place as the worst president ever taken over by the current POSOTUS....he wants that #1 spot back!

Ernest Adkins said...

I do not believe Jesus would condone the moral decay this world is enduring, exemplified by gay marriage, changing one's gender, or embracing self proclaimed victims of whatever is mainstream at the moment. I do believe Jesus would tell us, His followers, to be patient, endure, and to maintain a pure heart. I believe this for the following reasons:

John.8.7.nlt They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!”

Matthew.7.1.nlt “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged."

Romans. 12.19.nlt Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the lord .

Matthew.22.36-40.nlt “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?” Jesus replied, “‘You must love the lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

In closing, these are my beliefs taken from scripture. I choose to live my life not judging or condemning others and resisting the urge to be vengeful and angry. Instead I look for the good in others and try to love everyone, though I fall short on every point. All I can do is try harder with each experience and strive for righteousness.

To those reading, understand this is my way of life. In no way do I feel qualified to suggest a way of life for anyone.

Anonymous said...


Jimmy Carter and Mark Lamont Hill in one room = idiots' convention.

Anonymous said...

Let the Carter bashing begin right now. All the Christian pew sitters bring your hate card and have at it. No compassion....no questions...just give it to him. Praise Pew Sitters!!!