Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 18, 2015

York school changes American flag policy after demonstration

YORK COUNTY, S.C. -- Controversy at a York High School prompted a demonstration of patriotism.

York Comprehensive High School student Peyton Robinson was not happy after being told to remove his American flag from the back of his truck.

Robinson posted this comment on his Instagram account:

"I've been told by 2 administrators at my school this morning that I can't have an American Flag on my truck because other people have complained about it. Well let me tell you something, I have every right to fly an American flag. It will not be coming off of my truck. This really pisses me off. I ask that everyone that sees this post that attends York Comprehinsive flys an American flag of some sort on whatever they may drive to school tomorrow to prove a point. I will not let this go down without a fight. "#America #fightforourright

"It's America you should be able to fly your flag anywhere. I was pretty upset about it," student Cheyenne Lane said.

Many students felt the same, prompting a community-wide show of support. "Any student that has pride in their country should stand up for something like this," Robinson said.

More

2 comments:

lmclain said...

Offer the idiots who LIVE in America but are OFFENDED by our flag two choices ---
1) death by hanging
2) death by firing squad
Make them buy the rope or the bullet, too.
I'm sick of people who TAKE TAKE TAKE everything our great country offers, but spit on the symbol of it.
They are not worth the deportation expenses. I wouldn't even bury them, either.

Anonymous said...

Keep on flying that flag, let them get offended. I'm sick of it too and I hope everyone reading this flies two or three flags and with Memorial Day coming up decorate the whole yard with flags!